The cellar Roquebrun established in 1968, is located in the Regional Park of High Languedoc, 30 km north of Béziers between the two regional capitals Montpellier and Toulouse. The village of Roquebrun enjoys a unique microclimate allows orange culture, lemon and tangerine trees in the ground, that produce citrus harvest for local consumption.
The mild climate, but relatively arid, acidic soils associated with shale allow a particular flowering of different varieties of the appellation Saint-Chinian, including Carignan, ancestral grape claiming its place in the arid hills, just as the Grenache, also present for many years. The Syrah and Mourvèdre are for the other types of settlements, leaving their aromatic potential blow to the development of quality products and recognized typicality.
They produce Appellation d’Origine Contrôlée Saint-Chinian, Coteaux du Languedoc and since 2004 the wines Appellation Saint-Chinian-Roquebrun and concretizing their typicality.
Roquebrun village of light catches the eye and the sun and invites to a stroll through the medieval streets: a carefully preserved and renovated heritage to discover. Between sea and mountains, near the Regional Natural Park of Haut-Languedoc…
The planting consists of grape varieties noble Syrah, Grenache, Mourvèdre, Carignan, Roussanne, Viognier and Grenache blanc.
A qualitative monitoring of the vineyard is in place for several years. A rigorous specifications regulates the size of modes, tying, phytosanitary treatments and yields.
A great wine is first a perfect grape.
The vineyard work varies with the seasons.
- In autumn, take place to prétailler secateurs and cut until February. (Goblet Size – Royat – Guyot depending on the variety). The branches are placed in rows, put into bundles, or burned.Succeeded then work amendment based on soil analysis with compost and fertilizer inputs in each plot.
- Treatments begin from the first buds until harvest. The services of an agronomist, with support from a weather station on the field, allow a reasoned culture.
- In August, the first excitement in the vineyards with a visit piecemeal throughout the vineyard. Each vine is classified according to the grape variety, age, performance, and health status. This fair dedicated self-discipline each other’s work and determines the quality level of the input category. The ripeness of the grapes (degree, total acidity and phenolic maturity) defined from a levy on each parcel, determines the opening of the harvest.Every week, a schedule is drawn up by variety and ranking. A levy, made to each valid input it.
- Their selective policy and rugged allow only manual harvesting.
- The pickers groups (“glue”) give a thousand colors and accents to the hills of Roquebrun.
Equipment and vinification: The application of the specifications allows a wine by grape variety by rating category.
Whites and rosés come from skin contact with cold stabilization and settling, then vinified with a strict temperature control.
Manual harvesting allows sorting in plots and reception of the grapes without any alteration. Their board 32 vessels, probably unique in its kind, allows to develop red wine carbonic maceration whole bunches. For the traditional de-stemmed grapes maceration, they are equipped with thermo autopigeantes and vats.
All their wines are pressed with pneumatic presses.
Their aging cellar of 900 French oak barrels is reserved for the aging of the prestige brands. The cellar is equipped with a battery of 56 stainless steel tanks with a capacity of 9735 hl, all are equipped with micro-oxygenation used depending on the wine and the vintage in a semi-underground and air-conditioned cellar.
The wines are high between 8 and 24 months in optimal conditions. Since 1998, the winery has its own bottling line and a “bibeuse” for kegs of 3, 5 and 10 l. All their wines are bottled at the property.
Bottling line is equipped with a bacterial and microbial protection, associated with a high lenticullaire filtration technology. The wines after bottling, are stored at least 3 to 6 months in a semi-underground cellar conditioning 540 m2 before national or international shipping.