2-Conditions of growth
That Riesling is planted in a sandy-granitic soil with low levels of organic material.
The vines are medium deep-rooted and every second line is planted with grass to ensure strength and vigour.
- The grapes are harvested by hand and the whole berries are pressed pneumatically.
- Traditional fermentation is through a temperature-controlled process, and ageing takes place in vats.
- Colour: Crystal-clear, pale yellow, very bright.
- Nose: Citrus fruits, pear, pineapple and quince aromas.
- Mouth: A first impression fresh and distinguished, with fruity and floral flavours following on with a virile, lingering character.
5- Tasting Notes
This is a traditional Riesling, with great acidity and a silky smooth texture.
6- Food Pairing
It is an excellent accompaniment to fish, shellfish and white meat but also to typical Alsatian cuisine such as choucroute and baeckeoffe, or to Sushi.
Serve chilled between 8-10°C (47-50°F).
Up to five years.