Santa Leila Amarone della Valpolicella
SKU: ITA295Product Description
- Wine type: still dry red wine.
- Area of origin: Valpolicella, Veneto.
- Grapes: Corvina, Corvinone.
- Harvest: Early October, with manual harvesting of the grapes and selection of the best bunches.
- Drying: natural drying in a fruit cellar for 3/4 months with a sharp drop in weight of around 30%.
- Vinification: soft crushing of destemmed grapes in the months of January and February.Fermentation: At a controlled temperature of 18/21°
- Ageing: in oak for 24 months and 4-6 months in stainless steel tanks. It stays 6–12 months in the bottle before sale.
- Tasting notes: rich in color, firmly structured, but with fresh notes. This wine has personality and is also able to convey elegance and depth upon tasting. On the palate, it is rich and deep, elegant and potent at the same time, but still young and already very balanced, with the typical notes of currant and wild berries that blend well with the complexity of the wine.
- Food pairing: A great, elegant wine requires savory dishes; therefore, game and red meats in general, aged cheeses It is also suitable for consumption between meals as a sipping wine.