Alain Geoffroy “Cuvée la Marguerite”
- 100% Chardonnay
- Traditional vinification in stainless steel vats.
- Strict control over temperatures during fermentation
- To be enjoyed with oysters, crabs, clams, winkles, mussels, fisherman’s stew, conger eel soup, fried smelt, cheeseburger, poultry breast à la crème.
- The nose is young and fresh, expressing itself with vivacity through the scent of citrus and acacia. Its taste is clear-cut and vigorous opening notes, with flowers, lemon and fresh-baked bread. Good length at the end.
- The Chablis vineyards are amongst the oldest vineyards in France. In the 12th century, the monks of Citeaux cultivated and carefully tended their vineyards, which produced agreeable nectar. Today, at Domaine Alain Geoffroy, they continue to cherish their vines so that they produce wines that are not just thirst-quenchers but wines that provide everyone with pleasure.
- Kimmeridgian clay (Jurassic period) composed of calcareous clay and oyster fossils.