Beaune 1er Cru Clos de Mouches Berthelemot
Beaune is one of the largest Côte de Beaune districts, covering 430 ha and with no less than 42 sectors classified as “premier cru”.
Appellation : Beaune 1er Cru
– Sector : Clos des Mouches (total surface area: 25ha18a)
– History : in medieval French, « les mouches » meant bees.
– Orientation : SE at the foot of Mount Saint Désiré bordering on the Pommard 1er cru sectors.
– Domain surface area: 32a 43 ca.
– Slope : 5 to 15% at an altitude between 250 and 270m.
– Date planted : 1986
– Vinestock : 161-49
– Graft : chardonnay clones76 and 95
– Soil : clay and limestone, stony and well drained.
– Taste : the aroma is very delicate combining citrus and other fresh fruit ; it is both mineral and richly rounded on the palate with a long aftertaste.
– Serving temperature : 12-14°C and it can be advisable to decant recent vintages to enhance the aroma.