Château de Chassagne-Montrachet Bader-Mimeur Red
- 100% Pinot Noir
- Fermented in temperature controlled stainless steel vats.
- 25% of new oak barrels.
- Aged in oak for 15 to 18 months
- With lamb, grilled steak, beef stew, and cheeses with strong flavors.
- Rich “cherry red”.
- Very fruity, complex with finesse.
- Lively with finely balanced acidity. The middle flavors are well-expressed cherry and red currant fruits. The smooth texture persists well.
- Chassagne Montrachet is in the last sector in the extreme southern part of the Cote d’Or. Easily reached on the Route des Grands Crus. The vines are at a moderate altitude of 240 to 320 m. above sea level.
- In 1919 CHARLES MIMEUR purchased the “Clos du Chateau de Chassagne Montrachet”, and the building used for the operation of the “domaine”. His son-in-law Charles BADER and his daughter Elise developed sales, particularly in Paris, starting with a cellar in the “Halle aux Vins” and a boutique in the ”Saint Dominique street”. In 1993 the great-grandsons took over the domaine.
- It is a mix of clay, sand, chalk, iron oxides, with different compositions through the vineyards. The entirely suitable soil, the sun exposition, the altitude and the choice of variety is the key to the success of Chassagne Montrachet.