Chateau Haut Selve Reserve (92WE)
57% Cabernet Sauvignon and 43% Merlot
– Prefermentory maceration for 4 days to extract the aromas.
– Controlled alcoholic fermentation between 26 and 28°C.
– Full maceration of 3 to 4 weeks.
– Malolactic fermentation in barrels.
Maturing of the wine
12 months in new oak barrels
This cuvee can be appreciated from today after having been decanted. It can also be cellar aged for 15/20 years.
The strength and the concentration of this wine make it possible to accompany all sorts of grilled meat or even with gravy, and also with moderately spicy dishes
In the 19th century, Château Haut Selve was the biggest property in Bordeaux with 350 hectares.
After having been destroyed by phylloxera and abandoned, it became the unique creation of the 20th century (1993) in the Bordeaux Region.
Château Haut Selve is located at Saint Selve, about 50 km South-East of Bordeaux.
Three types of soils: deep stony soil, limestone stony soil, clay stony soil.
Total surface of the vineyard: 43 hectares
– Surface AOC Graves red: 32 hectares
– Surface AOC Graves white: 11 hectares
Average age of the vines: 15 years
– Double guyot.
– Density: 5500 vine / hectare
– Foliar surface superior to 13 000 m².
– Organic fertilizing and cultivating of the soils.
– Sustainable protection of the vineyard.