Domaine Creusserome Macon-Villages
- 100% Chardonnay (50 years old average)
- Short pruning. Sustainable
- Mechanical harvest after a severe control of the grapes quality.
- Pneumatic press. Temperature controlled maceration in concrete tanks.
- Indigenous yeast. Malolactic fermentation on the lies.
- Fining and filtration if necessary before bottling in late spring.
- Color: Pale gold color.
- Nose: Citrus, white flowers and butter, very typical of the designation.
- Mouth: pretty bold, beautiful freshness. Include exotic notes, fresh butter and floral aromas
- Agreements: As an aperitif with “petit four”, perfect with shrimp, lobsters, ideal with smoked salmon, seafood or trout with almonds as well as chicken, pork Roti and goat cheese.
- Stéphane Guillemin began is work of wine-producer in 2003, and the Estate CREUSSEROME of 13 hectares is born in 2007 with its first vintage of Viré-Cléssé. Over the years, the production of wine in particular cellar increases gradually. It is in 2009, that his girlfriend Lucie Dutron, join him within the exploitation. At the time of her installation they are taking again an estate of 7 hectares.
- They are today operating 20 hectares of vines on the communes of Vire and Peronne. Currently 13 hectares are vinified at the Estate, the rest being in cooperative cellar.
- Combining successfully their efforts these past years, they passed from 3,000 bottles in 2007 to 40,000 for the vintage 2011, through various appellations: Vire-Clesse, Macon-Peronne, Macon-Villages and Cremant de Burgundy.
- They work in reasoned agriculture and have chosen a traditional vinification in vats and oak barrels for some of their wines.
- This Macon-Villages can be also a Macon Peronne.
- Limestone and sandy. (left bank from the Saone River, South East slopes exposure).