Domaine de l’Olivette Bandol (90WS)
• Silico-calcarous soil.
• 90% Mourvedre.
• 10% Grenache/Carignan.
• Low yield: 36-37 hl/hectare.
• The grapes are picked manually.
• Total de-stemming.
• Temperature controlled maceration and fermentation.
• Aging for 2 years in big barrels, then 2 more years in bottle before being released.
• Great with grilled meat, games and strong cheeses.
• Deep intense red color.
• On the nose, subtle aromas of black fruit and old leather.
• On the palate, flavors of black fruit, licorice, spices. The tannins are soft with long lasting finish.
• For 2 centuries now, the vineyard has been under the loving protection of one family… Over the years, they have been able to preserve all the local and typical characteristics of this wine.
• The conditions for qualifying for the AOC Bandol, are here not only complied with, but in fact, even surpassed. The family has not neglected the technical aspect, keeping up-to-date with technology, and aiming at new heights in expressing all the characteristics of this exceptional soil.
• The Bandol area has a wonderful micro-climate with low rainfall, stony ground and mild coastal climate.