Domaine de Remont Julienas “Vieilles Vignes”
- The winemaker, Pascal Dumont, is an old and authentic French “vigneron”, designing unique wines with love and passion for his vines and terroir.
- All the work in the vineyard, such as winegrowing, harvest and winemaking are made in the respect of tradition and by practicing a sustainable and reasoned winegrowing, with the wish of protecting and conserving his environment as long as possible for the next generations.
- The plots are situated between290 and 350 meters and oriented East and Southeast.
- Very sandy and granitic.
- 100% Gamay
- Harvest is done manually in order to select the best qualitative and ripest grapes.
- Long carbonic maceration in vats for 10 days and pushing the cap down.
- Maturation for 8 months.
- Coq au vin, poultry and games.
- Spicy Mexican dishes.
- Especially good with goat cheese and blue cheese.
- Very deep and dark ruby color.
- The nose is very rich and complex, and dominated by flavors of black fruits, roasted and stone fruits.
- Big density in the month marked by some floral notes (pivoine and violette flowers) and by a soft attack, but the wine is progressively revealed on a deep and rich finish.