Domaine du Petit Coteau Vouvray sec – Organic
GRAPE : 100 % CHENIN
Very good situation between the village of Vernou and the village of Chancay. Our vineyard is very close to the Loire and up to the Brenne (Small river which is going to the Loire in front of Moncontour) with a good sun exposition. This location offers a great temperature variation between day and night as well as a good aeration for the grape. On this location, we mostly get clay and calcareous soil.
– Harvest Mid September under the heat. The Grapes were clean with a good maturity.
– Slow pressing at low pressure
– Must selection during pressing phase
– Fermentation in tanks with temperature control (17°-18° Celcius) during one month. We
stop the fermentation in order to get a good balance between the acidity and the residual
– Natural yeast
– 3 months with fining and regular racking on the lies to give some texture and aromas to the wines.
– gold yellow
– Fresh Nose with mature white fruits aromas.
– Very clean, this wine is delicat with a long finish.
– Medium body wine which shows a well balanced acidity.
– Pre-dinner drink or afternoon wine
– Dry sausages or ham,
– Grilled Fish or white meat.
– Seafood as oyster, crawfish… / Sushi
– Fruit tart