Domaine Saint-Roch AOC Touraine – Sustainable
- The domaine Saint Roch is located in a small commune of Meusnes (near Reuilly, Quinçy and Menetou-Salon).
- The vineyard, owned by Denis Bardon, is perfectly situated on the slopes overlooking the village and has a distinctive feature of growing vines on a unique type of soil called “gunflint”. With almost 40Ha in vineyard production, Domaine Bardon produces three different ranges of wines: AOC Valencay, AOC Touraine and VDP Val de Loire. The gunflint industry has long since disappeared but the vineyard for its part has flourished on this soil which gives the wines a character both original and unique.
- The Estate is under sustainable viticulture rules. Denis Bardon works his soil and does a selective pruning. Ripe harvest is the motto. This enables a fruity wine with a nice acidity to balance and typical Loire Valley wine characteristics.
- 100% Sauvignon Blanc
- Production 50-60 hectolitres/hectare.
- The wine is produced at a low temperature, 16-18ºC.
- Aged “sur lie” in tank.
- Bottling: 6 months after harvest.
- Great with seafood, fish and shellfish, snails and asparagus.
- Always a dry wine the Sauvignon has a powerful fragrance, a harmony of all the riches of the land with a delicate hint of muscatel.
- Connoisseurs will recognize the distinctive gunflint taste.