- Grape variety: Chardonnay
- Age of the vineyards: about 12 years
- Yield per hectare: 60 HI / Ha
- Exposure: South - South East
- Soil: chalk and clay
- Production: Sustainable agriculture
- Manual grape–picking
- Immediate pressing
- Fermentation in thermoregulated tank
- Early racking to preserve the fruit
- Natural tartaric stabilizing by cold temperature
- Bottling in spring
4- Characteristics Of The Wine:
- Alcohol 13%
- Visual aspect: Bright pale gold color with gold reflections
- Nose: Floral notes of white flowers (acacia) and almond and over-tune notes of hazelnut. With its complex, ample and elegant bouquet, this typical Burgundy wine offers round, powerful flavors on the palate.
- Tasting: supple and round
- Aging: from 3 to 8 years
- Temperature: 12C
- To be served with: It can for example be matched with chicken in a cream sauce, veal sweetbreads on fish.
The geographical area of this appellation extends over 8 communes and is divided into two small islands separated from each other by the Pouilly Fuissé appellation.
It is made up of the villages of Davayé,Prisse and Solutré - Pouilly in the north, and Chânes, Chasselas, Levnes, Saint - Amour and Saint-Vérand in the south.
All these villages are located in the extreme south of the Maconnais sub-region and of the Burgundy wine region as a whole.
The Saint - Véran appellation came into being on January 6, 1971.
Saint - Véran wines are produced entirely from Chardonnay grapes.
The south - southeast facing slopes that enjoy the most sunshine. Philippe Charmond has been running this estate since 1987. This estate - 5 ha wide- is located in the village of Vergisson.